Monday, June 13, 2005

The foot...The whole foot...And nothing but the foot.

I went to Physical therapy today. I've been going every week but it is so not fun that I've haven't been mentioning it. It's kind of like one of those abduction memories that you repress as quickly as possible.

Oh yes....block that pain.

Friday, I went to the orthopedic doc and I kind of wish I could repress that one too. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
He said that most people are fully healed after the six week period. I am not one of those people. But to my credit I do have " a very high ankle sprain that just might take a little longer than normal to heal." Oh....that's just dandy.

He also said that since I am making progress toward healing and still within the outside time limits...."We will continue with the current course of treatment and not start a more aggressive treatment."

Ummm....excuse me? More aggressive treatment? Are we talking yelling because I've already tried that and it didn't do a bit of good.
I was afraid to ask what aggressive meant. (flash back of my cheerleading days....Be aggressive. B...E... Aggressive. B..E...A..GG..RE...SS...IVE!)

ZooDad happily informed me that he was talking about surgery. Gee thanks honey.

Prayers for my foot please and I'll do my part by dutifully doing my home exercises.

1 comment:

Dy said...

Oh, no! Hugs and prayers for healing! It may be a little late in the game, but have you used arnica cream on it? That has beeeyoutiful healing properties. If you can get your hands on a cream called "Traumeel" (think "trauma" and "heal" - don't know why they used two ee's...), anyway, you'll never use normal balms or therapeutics again. ;-)

Dy