We had three fish: a plecostomus, a spotted cat, and a mean, black cichlid. We've had them for a awhile. Yesterday, the spotty cat went to that great fish tank in the sky. Well, at least his little fishy spirit did. His earthly body, however, got partially sucked in the filter in-take tube.
That was how M discovered him yesterday morning. The "Nemo Escape" gone terribly wrong.
After all the pet death discussion...I expected trouble.
All he said was..."A's fish is dead! I get to scoop him out and flush him."
So much for trouble.
Today, I did find the trouble. Jaune, the mean, black (formerly yellow) cichlid is having swim bladder problems. He's not going to last much longer. I've dosed the tank but there's not a whole lot more I can do. M is not happy about it.
I, on the other hand, am happy with the thought of ditching the fish tank. It was ZooDad's idea to get fish. I wanted newts. They are much easier to take care of and I have lots of reptile and amphibian experience.
Newts are cool. Now all I have to do is convince the boys and I am back in herp heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment